- 17 May -Government Global Travel Task Force plan to reopen international travel and use Traffic light system.
Important to note:
- Day2 Day8 is issued together as single bundle. Both tests could be sold together and packaged in one kit.
- Private providers are not allowed to provide the tests for Day 2 and Day 8 testing for international arrivals who have been in or transited through a “Red list” country in the 10 days before their arrival.
Requirements for all passengers entering the UK from anywhere:
- Negative test result- the test must have been taken at most 3 days before departure of the last flight to the United Kingdom.
- Completed “Public Health Passenger locator form”- to include *the booking reference number for the day 2 and day 8 tests, address where they will be isolated for 10 days.
- The form and **test result must be presented at check-in and immigration on arrival. *To be issued by provider at time of payment, consisting of Company-unique 5 letter prefix (CIRC1) + 7 letter customer unique suffix **Tests accepted are antigen, LAMP, nucleic acid and PCR tests. The test result must be in English, French or Spanish. Passengers’ details (name, date of birth or age) on the test result must match those stated in the passport or other travel document. The test result must also include the contact details of the issuing laboratory.
British citizens travelling back to the UK from “Red List” countries :
Angola, Argentina, Bangladesh, Bolivia, Botswana, Brazil, Burundi, Cape Verde, Chile, Colombia, Congo (Dem. Rep.), Ecuador, Eswatini, Ethiopia, French Guiana, Guyana, India, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Oman, Pakistan, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Qatar, Rwanda, Seychelles, Somalia, South Africa, Suriname, Tanzania, United Arab Emirates, Uruguay, Venezuela, Zambia or Zimbabwe.
All passengers travelling to the UK from any other country.
Quarantine hotel package for 11 nights: £1750 including two Covid tests (day 2/day 8).
10 days quarantine: 2 tests (day 2/day 8)
Day 2 Day 8 explained:
Children under five do not need to take day 2 and day 8 tests.
Day 2 (swab on day 0, 1, 2)
The day of your arrival into UK is treated as day 0. Test will be sent the day before your arrival to the place you identified as a place of your isolation.
– The day 2 test is designed to identify any potentially harmful variants of Covid-19. Tests are taken in your own accommodation and then sent to the laboratory.
– If you receive a positive result- a 10-day quarantine begins the day after the test was taken (i.e., day 13). You will also not be required to take any further test.
Day 8 (swab on day 8, 9, 10 )
Take a test on or after day 8 unless you have a positive result from day 2. Test day 8 will be posted to the place you identified as a place of your isolation on day 6 of your arrival.
– If you receive a positive result from this test, you will be required to quarantine until day 19.