These kits are returned by post only.
Post your sample in one of over 35,000 specially selected Royal Mail priority post boxes.
The Royal Mail link to help you find your nearest Priority Mail Box. (Instructions in your kit too.)
If you order after 2pm your kit/s will be dispatched the following day. Please avoid weekends and public holidays.
Order your test
Complete Your Test
Return to Lab
Results arrive, off you go
Day 2 Green List
Day 2 Amber List
Day 2 & 8 Amber List (Non-Vaccinated)
Day 5 Test to Release
TRAVEL FAQSWhat you need to know (COVID-19 Testing) entering and leaving the UK (England).
ONLINE TRAVEL TESTING FAQs
PASSENGER LOCATOR FORM (see button)
You must complete a passenger locator form online before you arrive in the UK.
- It’s free to submit the form.
- You can submit the form any time in the 48 hours before you arrive in the UK.
- You’ll need to show your form when you check in to travel or board your plane, train or ferry to the UK.
What you need to know
- The information you give will be used to contact you if someone you travelled with develops COVID-19 symptoms. It may also be used to check that you are either: Quarantining in the place you’re staying in quarantining in a hotel
- Your information will be kept for 42 days then deleted, unless it’s needed for related work.
- If you create an account, the information you’ve saved will be kept for up to 6 months from the date you last signed in.
- Your account and all the information stored in it will then be deleted.
If you’re travelling with other people
- Each adult must complete their own form.
- You can include someone under 18 years old who is travelling with you on your form, if you are staying together at the same UK address.
- If you’re entering Scotland, they must be under 16.
When you do not need to complete the form
- You do not need to complete the passenger locator form or book COVID-19 tests if you’re travelling from one of the following places, and you were there for 10 days or more:
- Ireland the Channel Islands the Isle of Man (this likely to change)
- You do not have to complete the form if your job means you’re exempt.
If you need to update your details
If any of your information changes after you have submitted your form, for example your travel details or contact information, you must complete a new form.
Button opens new page to GOV.UK Passenger Locator Form
In the first instance please contact:
or phone: 0800 7999 751 (Monday to Friday 6am to 10pm, Weekends 8am – 8pm)