Laboratory Assistant, Cambridge
|Job title:||Laboratory Assistant|
|Reporting To:||Laboratory Supervisor|
|Hours Per Week:||45|
|Shift Patterns Associated with Role:||
0600 – 1800
7 day working week / 4 days on, 4 days off
Purpose of the Role
As the Lab Assistant, you will work with our senior staff to process samples, perform tests, and record and analyse results. The successful candidate will have in-depth knowledge of lab procedures and understand the importance of maintaining a clean workspace by following all lab regulations for health and safety.
- Sample management and data processing.
- Classify and label samples.
- Prepare samples for testing using various laboratory equipment.
- Conduct laboratory tests, analyse results, and document your findings.
- Comply with the correct procedures, policies, and health and safety regulations
- Work with team to achieve UKAS accreditation ISO 15189.
- Document all activities, results and report back to management.
- Clean and sterilise equipment and work area.
- Collect and prepare research and information needed for studies.
- Work in compliance with Company Health & Safety policies and safe working practises.
- Professional interaction with colleagues and clients as required.
- Stay informed with the latest industry trends, techniques, and best practices.
Essential Experience / Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology, Biology or relevant field.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Ability to demonstrate attention to detail
- Good understanding of laboratory information systems and automated laboratory equipment.
- A critical thinker with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Outstanding analytical abilities.
- Good Laboratory practise
- Experience of ISO15189 or other ISOs
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Proficient with use of Microsoft Office suite plus aptitude for using new, bespoke software
- Holds a BSc (Desirable)
- HCPC registered (Desirable)
- Experience in working autonomously on sample processing (Desirable)
- Experience in molecular biology / PCR. PCR analysis, BSL-2 unit working (Desirable)
- Passionate on attention to detail and the importance of adhering to SOPs
- Can Do attitude and work ethic
- Adopts the work ethic and behaviour or working safely and in line with HSE legislation
- Passionate about making a difference
- Problem solver
- Committed to self-development and the development of those around them
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Curious in nature
To apply for this role please send your CV with a covering letter to: HR@circular1.com