Sample Technician, Cambridge
|Job title:||Sample Technician|
|Reporting To:||Sample Supervisor or Laboratory Supervisor|
|Hours Per Week:||35 to 45|
|Shift Patterns Associated with Role:||5 day working week, 8 hours per day|
Purpose of the Role
As the Sample Technician, you will work with our unpacking team to receive samples and prepare them for processing in the laboratory. For each sample this requires: counting, sorting and unpacking the sample; checking any paperwork and recording any relevant information; barcoding each sample, scanning this into a database and compiling all samples into racks. The successful candidate does not require an in-depth knowledge of lab procedures but should understand the importance of following all lab regulations for health and safety, maintaining a clean workspace, and have a good track record of being competent, organised and working well in a team.
- Sample management and data processing.
- Unpack, classify and label samples
- Scan barcode labels into a database
- Classify and label relevant paperwork
- Prepare samples for laboratory prior to their testing.
- Comply with the correct procedures, policies, and health and safety regulations
- Document all activities and report back to management.
- Clean and sterilise equipment and work area.
- Collect information needed for studies.
- Work in compliance with Company Health & Safety policies and safe working practises.
- Professional interaction with colleagues and clients as required.
Essential Experience / Qualifications
- GCSEs (grade A-C) or equivalent in Maths and English.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Ability to demonstrate attention to detail.
- Good understanding of laboratory information systems and automated laboratory equipment. (Desirable)
- A critical thinker with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good Laboratory practise.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
- Proficient with use of Microsoft Office suite plus an aptitude for using new, bespoke software.
- Experience in working autonomously on sample processing. (Desirable)
- Passionate on attention to detail and the importance of adhering to SOPs
- Can Do attitude and work ethic
- Adopts the work ethic and behaviour or working safely and in line with HSE legislation
- Passionate about making a difference
- Problem solver
- Committed to self-development and the development of those around them
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Calm and measured approach
- Curious in nature
To apply for this role please send your CV with a covering letter to: HR@circular1.com