Quality Officer (trainee or experienced)
|Job title:||Quality Officer (trainee or experienced)|
|Reporting To:||Quality Department|
|Hours Per Week:||40|
|Shift Patterns Associated with Role:||
Monday to Friday
|Travel Required:||Yes, to other sites as and when required. Fuel can be claimed back via internal expenses policy at the statutory rate per mile.|
Purpose of the Role
- Aid the Quality Department to implement and maintain any quality standards such as ISO 15189 and must work in accordance with the requirements of any quality standards
- Support all departments in all quality aspects including (but not limited to) documentation control, internal audits, corrective/ preventive actions and training/competency records.
- Promote continuous improvement throughout the business.
- Perform all aspects of document control, including performing quality approvals for Standard Operating Procedures, policies, manuals and risk assessments.
- Report and investigate incidents and non-conformances.
- Monitor and follow up on the effectiveness of corrective actions applied.
- Support all audit programmes within the company including scheduling and performing audits, CAPAs, deviations, quality improvement.
- Perform internal audits.
- Provide support and knowledge during external audits.
- Provide data & support the Quality Manager/Director for management review meetings.
- Participate in regular laboratory and quality meetings and provide status reports and updates to the Manager/Director.
- Promote a Quality-focused environment.
- Any other task as reasonably requested.
Essential Experience / Qualifications
- Experience working in a laboratory environment
- Experience working in a role working with Laboratory Equipment such as Pipettes, Biological Safety Cabinets, Centrifuges, Balances/ Weighing, etc.
- PC literate in Microsoft packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint experience would be an advantage)
- Experience in working with quality systems or to Good Laboratory Practice.
- Experience working in a COVID or viral testing laboratory, working with LAMP, PCR, Sequencing technology.
- Hold a relevant scientific-related degree (e.g. BSc etc.)
- Experience in a Quality/QA role working to ISO 15189 and UKAS compliance
- Experience in managing and maintaining a QMS.
- Working knowledge of the Q Pulse and LIMS software
- Experience in auditing processes and procedures.
- Experience with CAPA, Change Control, SOPs, and writing protocols.
- Passionate on attention to detail and the importance of adhering to SOPs
- Can-Do attitude and work ethic
- Adopts the work ethic and behaviour or working safely and in line with HSE legislation
- Passionate about making a difference
- Problem solver
- Committed to self-development and the development of those around them
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to persuade or influence others
To apply for this role please send your CV with a covering letter to: HR@circular1.com