Laboratory Learning Coordinator
|Job title:||Laboratory Learning Coordinator|
|Reporting To:||Clinical Programme Manager|
|Hours Per Week:||40|
|Shift Patterns Associated with Role:||Monday to Friday (NB/ Occasional weekend work required, time in lieu will be given)|
|Travel Required:||Yes, to other sites as and when required.|
|Location:||Barrow-in-Furness, Manchester or Guildford|
Purpose of the Role
To coordinate and deliver initial onboarding training, ongoing training, and competency for laboratories across all sites under guidance from the Clinical Programme Manager and in line with the requirements of ISO:15189. The post holder will also assist in onboarding and training in The Circular1 Academy.
- Execute all new hire onboarding and training for all C1H laboratories.
- Work with the Clinical and Operational team on applying training and coaching to improve veteran benchmark
- Evaluate and document the performance of all testing personnel according to the competency and training levels.
- Work cooperatively in a team environment supporting senior laboratory and management staff to ensure operational compliance is met according to the Quality Management System.
- Assess development needs for individuals and groups within the lab.
- Develop and track the effectiveness of the training program and provide feedback to Clinical Programme Manager.
- Actively seek ongoing skill development.
- Assist with onboarding and training of recruits in The Circular1 Academy.
- Any other task as reasonably requested.
Essential Experience / Qualifications
- Undergraduate degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Experience working in a laboratory environment
- Experience with working with basic laboratory equipment including but not limited to Pipettes, Biological Safety Cabinets, Centrifuge, etc.
- Familiarity with quality standards (for example, GxP, GLP, GCP, ISO standards, etc).
- Experience working with Laboratory Information Management systems.
- Familiarisation with laboratory H&S (COSHH, MSDS, risk assessments, and best practice).
- Experience working with Q pulse (desirable, but not essential).
- Experience with working with analytical procedures, including but not limited to molecular methods (e.g., RT-PCR, LAMP), immunoassays (e.g., ELISA).
- Proven experience managing learning, leadership, and/or professional development programs in large and complex environments (desirable).
- Experience in delivering a blended learning environment including e-Learning, virtual training/distant learning methods, classroom/instructor-led training, on the job training/mentoring.
- Able to personally facilitate learning programs and create content as needed.
- Demonstrates eagerness and understanding regarding training experience.
- Formal training or education in adult learning, instructional design, training delivery, and training evaluation is desirable.
- Professional Learning and Development or teaching qualifications are desirable.
- Passionate attention to detail and the importance of adhering to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Can-Do attitude and work ethic.
- Adopts the work ethic and behaviour or working safely and in line with HSE legislation. Page 3 of 3 HR-001_R1 25/03/2021 V1.1 Personal Specification
- Passionate about making a difference.
- Problem solver.
- Committed to self-development and the development of those around them.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Curious in nature.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise workload.
- Excellent communication skills.
- The ability to articulate complex procedures to non-scientific individuals.
To apply for this role please send your CV with a covering letter to: HR@circular1.com